Monday, December 20, 2010

101 things

I meant to write this entry yesterday, but I just now found the time to get online. I went to Williamsburg Community Chapel this Sunday for church, and the pastor gave an AMAZING message that I needed to hear. He took the message of judgment and pride in the church and brought it to a new level. He said things like "If you want an easy religion where you get to feel good about yourself, CHRISTIANITY is not for you!"... or "Any person with the audacity to look down their noses at someone else for their sins should be ASHAMED!"...how about "You can say your sins aren't as bad as your neighbors and therefore they deserve punishment, but YOU deserve punishment, because you don't know that you're a sinner!"... and this one "I'm an adulterer.. AND a theft.. AND a murderer!... Welcome to the chapel!" << that one kind of through me off... but then he said that if you ever stole someone's enthusiasm, you're a theft... or if you ever said hateful things about someone inside of your heart, you are a murderer. It was overall a GREAT message, so if you get the chance, listen to it yourself! (http://www.wcchapel.org/listen/17) .. It's called "Comfort came at Christmas" Everybody takes different things from sermons... so take the time and see for yourself.

He also mentioned that there was a book called "101 Things that God can't Do".. and that one kind of took my breath away, WHAT CAN'T GOD DO?!?!

God CAN'T learn! because he's ALL KNOWING
God CAN'T go any one place, because he's OMNIPRESENT
God CAN'T tell a lie, because he IS truth! ... and the list goes on!!!!

God never ceases to amaze me! Speaking of God amazing me! I passed my menu test to start serving at the restaurant! The day I walked in to take the test, I was still getting over half of the flashcards wrong, and I was really disappointed. I asked God if he could help me remember the flashcards so I could pass my test... and I barely got anything wrong!! Looking back at my test as the manager went over it with me, brought a huge smile to my face... because I DIDN'T know the answers on the paper, but the day I took that test and said that prayer, God helped me out! Thank you! And a big thank you to my mom, dad, and brother who came to support me on my first serving day!

Tomorrow is a New Day,
ReneeLynn

No comments:

Post a Comment